- This event has passed.
2018 Columbus Youth Triathlon/Duathlon & Fun Runs
August 18 @ 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
What better place for kids to participate in the Columbus Youth triathlon, duathlon or foam runs than the Adventure Park in Powell, Ohio. The event begins inside the water park at the meter lap pool. The bike course will weave its way through the park as will the run. Can’t swim? Do the Splash N Dash. NO SWIMMING Required! We also have a family friendly fun runs either 1 Mile Foam Run, 1/2 Mile & 1/4 Mile Foam & Grab the Loot Run.
Afterwards join us for our FREE Powell KidsFest where we will have bouncy houses, hula hoop challenge, jump rope competition and much more fun! Also, check out what you get for each race registration a ton of fun things!!
Participants Receive A Great Value Pack
- A very nice race t-shirt (first 150 all races)
- A special finishers award (first 300 of all races)
- Race timing (Tri/Du only)
- Age Group awards (Tri/Du only)
- Swim Course: The kids triathlon begins in the 25 yard pool with a time trial format where participants are entering the water by sliding down the water slide. Older kids swim a snake pattern. Younger kids swim a serpentine pattern.
- The Bike Course will be on nearby closed roads making multiple loops.
- The Run Course returns to the park for 1 or 2 loops, depending on the age.
- Splash N Dash will have your kiddo get in the pool, run in & out no swimming but they’ll get wet! From there, your kiddo will hop onto their bike to begin the one (1) loop on the bike course (you can ride with them). After finishing the bike loop, all racers goto to the transition area and put on their running apparel and head to the park for a short run. Run with them, have some fun!